Sunday 31 December 2006

Colinette Ribbon yarn jumper/sweater



In April I saw a nice crochet pattern in a UK magazine called Knitting and I bought the yarn needed

with money given to me for my birthday- also in April.

It's made in Colinette yarn called Giotto a ribbon type yarn ,

50% cotton, 40% rayon and dyed in the modt fabulous colour ranges- my favourite is Fresco and that's what I'm wearing here.

The pattern is called Potpourri and is designed by Betty Barnden : it was wonderful to work and very quick in the lovely yarn and a 7mm hook.

I ordered the yarn from the Colinette.com website and wound the skeins into balls as I needed them , which was a mistake as 2 out of the 7 later turned out to be quite different from the rest.



Luckily it doesn't seem to show, it's mainly on the sleeves.

I made the sleeves more tapered as I didn't want the flared cuffs and the whole sweater as well as the sleeves- or especially the sleeves have drooped with wear: it's a favourite so I have worn it a lot since May 2006!!!!

I also didn't understand why 3 crochet hook sizes were stated in the pattern and maybe I should have used them as it may have made it more fitted.


I am considering cutting the sleeves to size and adding a scallop or wavy edge row to re-finish them as they are now 20cm or 8 '' too long and it makes for a very bulky turnback cuff.....


Below are the sleeve and back pieces respectively before sewing them together,the back is sideways which I have realised too late sorry.


The Vneck appears when the neck edge is added, before this it looks more like a deep scoop neck! The pic on the far right below is the front before assembly.







If you want to access the pattern you can get a back issue from pubs@thegmcgroup.com or if you're American maybe the pattern editor can help: e-mail carol.chambers@ntlworld.com.
The pattern is in th April issue of Knitting,issue 23 on page 52,53,55 and 56.
there's some amazing furry and cutely trendy crochet slipper boots in that issue too, they are based on an INUIT design.
Any comments anyone?
What should i do/have done to prevent the droop occurring?
It was hiplength but it's heading south of my posterior at the moment and continuing to fall.....



2 comments:

Andrea said...

Nice job & love the yarn too!

Penny Jones said...

I love this jumper and shall try to get the pattern, personally I would dind a nice matching ribbon and thread approx a few inches above cuff and tie in bow and also possibly at the waist or even the hipline (so 'in' at the moment).